Sunday, January 18, 2009

2009 Book List

1) This book has 100% become my all time favorite book.












2) A post-apocolyptic book for kids. Gotta love.













3) Yes, I loves me so James Bond. I'm such a dude sometimes. The book was, of course, great. It helps hearing Sean Connery's voice in your head for all of Bond's dialogue.










4) An interesting general overview of Buddhism, something I've always been interested in.











5) Another interesting non-fiction read. Makes me more interested in creamation or plastination than ever. Seriously, ever seen Body Worlds? So fascinating, and very educational for those who aren't there merely for morbid curiosity!








 

6) I'm becomming more and more of a fan of classic world lit. Phantom was great. Not as great as Les Mis, which still holds the #1 book spot in my heart, but definitely amazing. Those French really know how to write!










7) I know, I took forever to read this one. Bad me. Joe Hill wrote some amazing stories. He definitely inherited some mad talent from his pops. I find it hard to pick a favorite. The book's namesake story moved me. The final story freaked me out enough that my boyfriend had to tell me everything's ok. I'm not even really sure why I'm freaked out. I just am. Most definitely a book I'll read again someday.








8) Fantastic again. Picked up on much more this 2nd go-round.













9) Decided to throw in another light read because it was so short and I've been itching to finally get some Gaiman. Read by Gaiman himself, contains 3 short stories by the author, all very cute, and and interview with him by his daughter.










10) Just about one of the most amazing books I've ever read. Just about. Gregory Maguire has got a great writing style and I'll never look at the wicked witch again!











11) What a marvelous story! Even as a grownup I still sometimes wish I could fall down a rabbit hole and experience a land of wonder!









 

12) Zaphod's just this guy, you know?












13) Fantastic. Not quite as amazing as Les Mis, but a wonderful classic that explores human nature in a thought-provoking way.











14) Genius, Douglas Adams is pure genius!













15) Oh I just love the way this ended. And I seem to really enjoy books that explore the nature of the soul, even in non-human animals!











16) Yeah, sometimes I want to pull a Captain Nemo and forsake civilization for a life of my own design under the seas.











17) *glee*












18) Good book, didn't like it as much as 20,000 Leagues though.












19) Soooo close to finishing the series!












20) I have read this before, but I like to experience books in every medium. Besides, this book is well worth a re-read or two.











21) Young Zaphod Plays it Safe by Douglas Adams The status as "book" is highly debatable. But still I can claim it, and the fact that it's Zaphod makes it all ok.











22) *le sigh* I so *heart* the Hitchhiker series, in all it's incarnations.












23) Just as trippy as Alice












24) Love it. Read it to someone awhile ago.












25) What an amazing story of enduring love!










 

26) Loved this tale of a boy and his dragon. Can't wait to finish Eldest













27) I loooves me some Robert Langdon. He's amazing and I love having a book that drives me to look up, research, and learn about new things. Though once you've read a Dan Brown book you can pretty much always figure out the twists but that doesn't make it any less fun considering I can do that with other great authors.









28) This book of loss and grief and how we deal with them is absolutely stunning, and hit me rather personally on more than one level. A fantastic read that I would highly recommend to everyone.

0 comments: